About the programme:HND in English Law is a Higher National Diplomawhich is designed to provide a specialist vocational programme, linked to professional body requirements and with a strong work related emphasis. The qualifications provide a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in their specialist sector and their wide recognition by employers allows progression directly into employment. BTEC Higher National offers a strong emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding in their sector.The course prepares students for legal careers in the public, private and voluntary sectors.BTEC HNDs are well established qualifications with a proven track record of success. They are a recognized and popular route to university leading to the final year of a LLB (Hons’) Degree top up, which usually lasts 1 academic year. This option is also particularly relevant to International students who can get the best of both worlds: the college and the university. International students can also save on the cost of a university degree by choosing to do an HND course first.
Who would this course suit?If you see yourself in a professional career, and you want to develop your critical thinking and understanding of legal issues and business skills, this course is ideal for you. This flexible degree offers opportunities to tailor your studies to your areas of interest, opening up a range of careers.
Why you choose this programme:
- World recognized Higher Education qualifications.
- Very less costly compared to other UK degree.
- Flexible route to obtain British law degree.
- Vocation and Skill based curriculum.
- Course work based assessment.
- External Resource person from Edexcel, UK.
- Fully equipped online library and resources support.
- Distinguished full-time faculty
Students should be able to:
- apply legally relevant knowledge of academic, doctrinal and factual contexts, and learning outcomes of each units;
- distinguish between relevant and irrelevant facts, and then apply the law or relevant abstract concepts so as to produce satisfactory answers to fact-based problems posed;
- identify and justify potential alternative solutions, create his/her own rationally supported conclusions for a particular solution (as appropriate to the task and level);
- demonstrate the ability to use appropriately and develop progressively the preceding skills over a range of subject areas in relation to both academic and practical problems.
- identify issues requiring research, to formulate objectives and, where appropriate, formulate a credible methodology for research;
- find up-to-date and archived information both by traditional and electronic means;
- analyse and apply academic and legal primary and secondary sources, assessing their relative value;
Teaching and learning in the programme:
During the HND programmesubjects/units are taught through a combination of lectures and seminars, independent study/research/library work, production of portfolios of work and presentations to seminars
Assessment is based mainly on coursework and unseen examination and many other tools which are as follows:
Individual and group presentations
BAC International has more than five students’ clubs namely, BAC Cultural Club, BAC Sports and Adventure Club, BAC IT Club, BAC Photography Club, BAC Social and Welfare Club. These are designed to create the leadership abilities to the students. BAC Law School arranges mooting, debating, mock trial, drafting etc. to develop the skill of the law students.
- Law Relating to Contract;
- Criminal Law and Property Offences;
- Criminal Law and Offences against Person;
- English Legal System;
- Property and Land Law;
- Principles of Equity and Trusts;
- Constitutional Law;
- European Law;
- Employment Law;
- Law of Trusts;
- Law Relating to Torts;
- Aspects of Constitutional and Administrative Law;
- European Business;
- Business Law;
- Company law;
- Research Project.
Programme fact file
Duration: 2 years full-time
Start date: 4 intakes – January, April, July and October
Mode of Study: Face to Face, International
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Career prospects:On successful completion of the Pearson SRF BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in English Law our HND graduates may be eligible to transfer to a degree programme offered by the University of South Wales. The Pearson SRF BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in English Law qualification provides a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required by prospective law students.
On successful completion of the Pearson SRF BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Law learners may be eligible to transfer to degree programs offered by the Leeds Trinity University. They may then progress to the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) under the authority of bas Standard Board (BSB), UK or the Legal Practice Course (LPC) and gain a professional qualification from the UK Bar of the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). They can also pursue the LL.M (Master of Laws) postgraduate degree programme.
Graduates often successfully apply to UK universities to progress with them to secure Qualifying Law Degree (QLD). For example, some of the universities have cited below where our HND graduates have found enrolled in followings:
University of Northumbria, UK;
Bangor University, UK;
University of South Wales, UK;
Leeds Trinity University, UK;
BPP University, UK;
Macquarie University, Australia.