About the programme:Edexcel Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND (BTEC Higher National Diploma) in Business is designed to provide specialist vocational skills, linked to professional body requirements and with a strong work related emphasis. The qualifications provide a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in their specialist sector and their wide recognition by employers allows progression directly into employment. Pearson Edexcel BTEC Higher National gives a strong emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding in the business sector. The course prepares students for business careers in the public, private and voluntary sectors. BTEC HND is well established UK qualifications with a proven track record of success. They are a recognised and popular route to university leading to the final year of a BA (Hons’) Degree top up, which usually lasts 1 academic year. Students can also save on the cost of a university degree by choosing to do the HND course first and then top-up in the university final year. This UK Business degree offers credit transfer facility to UK universities or to complete the final year with University of Derby staying in Bangladesh.
Why you choose this programme:
- Higher employment rate
- World recognized Higher Education qualifications.
- Less costly compared to other UK degree.
- A flexible route to obtain British business degree.
- Vocation and Skill based curriculum.
- Course work based assessment.
- Fully equipped online library and resources support.
- Distinguished full-time faculty
Students should be able to:
- Apply legally relevant knowledge of academic, doctrinal and factual contexts, and learning outcomes of each unit;
- Distinguish between relevant and irrelevant facts, and then apply the law or relevant abstract concepts so as to produce satisfactory answers to fact-based problems posed;
- Identify and justify potential alternative solutions, create his/her own rationally supported conclusions for a particular solution (as appropriate to the task and level);
- Demonstrate the ability to use appropriately and develop progressively the preceding skills over a range of subject areas in relation to both academic and practical problems.
- Identify issues requiring research, to formulate objectives and, where appropriate, formulate a credible methodology for research;
- Find up-to-date and archived information both by traditional and electronic means;
- Analyse and apply academic and legal primary and secondary sources, assessing their relative value
Teaching and learning in the programme:
HND Business subjects/units are taught through a combination of lectures and seminars, independent study/research/library work, production of portfolios of work and presentations to seminars.
Assessment is based mainly on coursework and unseen examination and many other tools such as:
• Field visit
• Study tour
• Defense at the end of the semester
On successful completion of the Edexcel Pearson BTEC Level 4 HND Diploma in Business our HND graduates are eligible to progress to University of Derby, UK BA (Hons.) in Business Administration programme at BAC International or can transfer their credit in foreign universities. Students can also proceed to the job market with HND.
- Business and Business Environment.
- Marketing Essentials.
- Human Resource Management.
- Management and Operations.
- Management Accounting.
- Managing a successful Business Project.
- Business Law.
- Financial Accounting.
- Research Project.
- Organizational Behaviour.
- Business Strategy.
- Tapping into New and International Markets.
- Financial Reporting.
- Advanced Management Accounting.
- Financial Management.
- Product and Service Development.
- Integrated Marketing Communication.
- Digital Marketing.
- Human Resource and Talent Planning.
- Employee Relations.
- Strategic Human Resources Management.
Programme fact file
Duration: 2 years full-time
Start date: 4 intakes - January, April, July and October
Mode of Study: Face to Face, International
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh