Why choose BAC International for the CertHE Common Law (Diploma in Law)/LLB:
- 32 students receive the offer in the Bar Professional Training Course (to become a barrister) in 2019- 20 session
- Higher pass rate
- BAC has produced numerous world and national top students
- State-of-the-art library facility with physical/online resources
- Bright and very experienced teaching staffs
- Less costly compared to other institutions
- BAC International will provide classes in study skills and, where necessary, additional English language support.
The CertHE Common Law (Diploma in Law)The CertHE in Common Law (Diploma in law) is a qualification in its own right provides an entry route to LLB degree. The courses studied in the Diploma are the same as the four Intermediate courses of the LLB. The CertHE in Common Law (Diploma in law) may be studied either full time or part time. This qualification is for the students who have the ability, motivation and self-discipline to study at degree level but do not have the qualifications usually required to enter a degree programme.
Students must have registered through, and be studying at, a teaching institution which has been granted Diploma-teaching status. BAC International is one of the very few institutions in Bangladesh that has diploma teaching status. Successful CertHE Common Law (Diploma in Law) graduates can progress on to University of London LLB second year and complete LLB degree at BAC international or can take admission in UK universities.
Entry requirement:• Students can admit into this course after completing the SSC/HSC or O’/ A’ Levels.
•Students must be at least 18 years of age on or before the date of registration.
• Interested students are expected to pass an entrance aptitude test.
Features of the CertHE in Common Law:• Students can achieve a law qualification in some of the core legal subjects without committing to the full LLB programme, but with the option to go on to the full LLB programme.
• Students can complete the Diploma in a minimum of one year and a maximum of five years. The Diploma is rigorously examined by University of London-approved academics.
• Students can transfer into Year 2 of the LLB programme after successful completion of three or four courses.
• Currently ‘standard’ modules are 20 Credits
• Students must register with a CertHE in Common Lawteaching institution so that you can benefit from the extra tuition support.
Four compulsory courses:
Please visit the following link for course list for OLD
CertHE in Common Law and LLB (Standard Entry/Graduate Entry):
SSC and HSC with a minimum GPA 2.50 in each or passing of O’Level in 5/6 subjects and aged 18+ by the date of registration.
To register for the LLB students must be age of 17 at the time of registration and have completed
• Two subjects at GCE 'A' level and at least three further subjects at GCSE or GCE 'O' Level with grade C or above.
• or three subjects at GCE 'A' level and one further subject at CGSE or GCE 'O' level with grade C or above
• or two subjects at GCE 'A' level and two subjects at 'Advanced Subsidiary ' Level
BAC Open Day
Open Days are a great way for you to get a feel of the Campus Life, alongside campus tours, finance information and application advice. You can visits us and have a chat to our staff and current students about the course(s) and what it is like to study at BAC. We host a number of Law School Open days throughout the year and you can book your place for the open day event to the admission office. The open day is usually held on August 17th-20th every year.
Tuition Fees, Funding and Scholarships
- Admission fee for CertHE in Common Law and LLB standard Entry BDT 1,00,000 and monthly tuition fee BDT 4,000
- For LLB Graduate Entry the total package will be BDT 1,00,000
- We offer a waiver of 15% in admission for GPA 5 holder in both HSC and SSC examinations. For students with O/A ‘ Level background 5 A’s in O’level and 2 A’s in Level.